Re: Good news: no more begging for HW

To: miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx (Miguel de Icaza)
Subject: Re: Good news: no more begging for HW
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:49:29 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thus spake Miguel de Icaza:
> 4. Would it be possible for a free software company to redistribute
>    the SGI's X server?  In that case, we could concentrate on getting
>    the IRIX emulation as good as possible and just use the SGI X
>    server and let Red Hat/Debian/GNU ship the cd with that binary.

FWIW, I'm quite interested in working on the IRIX emulation.
I picked up a bunch of stuff about the MIPS ABI at the SGI DevCon
(after arriving late for Ariel's talk =(), which also looks
interesting.

Mike

#>                 UNIX medicine man -- dark magick, cheap!
#>
#>  When the going gets tough, the tough give cryptic error messages.
#>          "We believe in rough consensus and running code."