Re: Good news: no more begging for HW

To: lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy)
Subject: Re: Good news: no more begging for HW
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:46:05 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: carlson@heaven.newport.sgi.com, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
> : One group that I always think could use an SGI machine is the Free
> : Software Foundation.  They would make sure things worked on SGI before
> : releasing it.  That way, all of GNU would be tested on SGI by them.
>
> This is a good idea.  Do we know if they don't have one?

Somewhen RMS mentioned that they don't have MIPS machines.  Aside of PCs
their equipment seems to consinst of ancient 68k Sony NeWS machines,
an Amiga, old HP machines and other exotic equipment.  I think they also
have an Alpha.

But all in all they are for shure among the people that will make best
possible use of the hardware.