Re: Good news: no more begging for HW

To: ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de (Ralf Baechle)
Subject: Re: Good news: no more begging for HW
From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux@yon.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
:
:Ariel,
:
:that's great news.  Just send all the hardware to me ;-)
:
:Jokes aside, I was thinking since some time if the FSF wouldn't be a
:great place to install some machines.  Another suggestion would be
:Thomas Bogendoerfer who already wrote a network driver for the Mips
:Magnum 4000 and others for Intel/Alpha.  I guess he might also be
:interested.
:
If you know interested people in the FSF (real names)
please have them email me with a short justification
why they want the machines and what will they use them for.
Same for Thomas.

I cannot promise anything since there may be some
oversubscription to the service :-)

I think the fairest way would be to publish all these
requests on this forum and have the people who care (us)
vote on who should get them.  I certainly don't want to
be the fascist person who decides who gets what.

--
Peace, Ariel