Good news: no more begging for HW

To: linux@yon.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Good news: no more begging for HW
From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 16:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
[Some good news I wanted to share with all]

Bill Fisher and I are just returning from a meeting w/
Todd Johnson.  Bottom line is that he agreed to commit
for 5 machines/year (or "even 10 if you need it") for
free-software initiatives including Linux.  It is up to
us (mainly this mailing list subscribers) to find the right
people who are willing to work on SGI ports and projects and
Todd will fund the hardware we need.  Of course every system
will need to be justified based on the developer's reputation
and ability and the suggested project at hand.

So, if you know of good people who can sign-up for
real useful projects in return for hardware donations
please share it with me.  The three machines we have out
are just a start.

Looks like I won't have to spend so much time begging
for donations in the coming months.

--
Peace, Ariel