Re: A pointed question about endianness...

To: Ralf Baechle <>, (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: A pointed question about endianness...
From: "Alistair Lambie" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:30:34 +0000
Cc:, ralf@Julia.DE,
On Jun 16, 12:21pm, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> Btw, question to the SGI gurus - is the kernel byteorder of SGI machines
> be reconfigurable?

As the guys in the US won't be in for a while yet.....

My belief is that Indy's were designed to require a PROM change.  I have also
heard that there was a problem running NT that required some mods to the
These were never released to the field.

So the answer is yes, but in practice no!

Cheers, Alistair

Alistair Lambie
Silicon Graphics New Zealand                              SGI Voicemail: 56791
Level 5, Walsh Wrightson Tower,                             Ph: +64-4-802 1455
94-96 Dixon St, Wellington, NZ                             Fax: +64-4-802 1459