Re: A pointed question about endianness...

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>, adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: A pointed question about endianness...
From: "Alistair Lambie" <alambie@wellington.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:30:34 +0000
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, ralf@Julia.DE, shaver@engsoc.carleton.ca
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Jun 16, 12:21pm, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> Btw, question to the SGI gurus - is the kernel byteorder of SGI machines
> be reconfigurable?

As the guys in the US won't be in for a while yet.....

My belief is that Indy's were designed to require a PROM change.  I have also
heard that there was a problem running NT that required some mods to the
boards.
These were never released to the field.

So the answer is yes, but in practice no!

Cheers, Alistair

--
Alistair Lambie                                     alambie@wellington.sgi.com
Silicon Graphics New Zealand                              SGI Voicemail: 56791