Re: gcc for Irix.

To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
Subject: Re: gcc for Irix.
From: Martin Knoblauch <knobi@munich.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:30:23 +0200
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
>    I am running into a little problem.  The binary gcc that is
> available on the free software collection is for Irix 5.3 and the
> include files that are packaged with it are not quite ok for Irix 6.2
>
>    I do not have a native cc, so this is kind of problematic :-)
>
> Miguel.
Miguel,

 if you took the stuff from Ariels home page, don't worry
about the "5.3" stuff. It is basically the only way to build
an "official" gcc for 6.x. Otherwise, the stuff is binary
compatible. As for the header files, what is the problem?
Errors, or incompleteness?

Martin
|Martin Knoblauch                 | Silicon Graphics GmbH             |
|Manager Technical Marketing      | Am Hochacker 3 - Technopark       |
|Silicon Graphics Computer Systems| D-85630 Grasbrunn-Neukeferloh, FRG|
|http://reality.sgi.com/knobi     | Fax:   (+int) 89 46107-179        |
|e-mail: <knobi@munich.sgi.com>   | VM: 6-333-8197 | M/S: IDE-3150    |