Re: Userland loader / run time loader

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Subject: Re: Userland loader / run time loader
From: Alex deVries <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 19:30:37 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Larry McVoy <>,,,
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> The development suite is fully useable for bootstrapping itself.  Check
> the little endian rpm packages on my workstation;
> they all were built from unchanged RedHat 4.1 source packages and use
> shared libraries.

To begin with, excuse my noviceness in this all. Those are LSB binaries,
whereas the sgi-linux box that I have access to (
will only run MSB.

As written on this list earlier, we don't have bi-endian support.  So,
which one is it we're going to support to begin with? How is it that Ralf
is able to execute LSB binaries?

Am I missing something big?

Also, there was talk of getting merged up with kernel 2.1.4[234].  Any
luck so far?

- Alex "ready to debug, debug, debug!" deVries