Re: C Compiler on my Indy.

To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
Subject: Re: C Compiler on my Indy.
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:59:23 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux@yon.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

>    I am trying to populate my machine with GNU programs, and I quickly
> found that I did not have a C compiler.
>
>    Anyone have a pointer to where can I get the SGI C compiler, or a
> pre-compiled gcc binary for irix-6.2?

Yup.  Ariel packaged gcc 2.7.3 a few weeks ago.  It and other Irix
programs are on http://www.sgi.com/TasteOfDT/public/freeware2.0/ or
similiar.

>    I am getting Ralf cross-compilers (irix->linux) to start work on
> the libc.

The cross compilers that Mike Shaver has on his i86 Linux box seems to
work pretty much perfectly.  However, I can't for the life of me get a
native compiler for mips-linux.  If anyone has any pointers...

- Alex