Re: bogomips is cool

Subject: Re: bogomips is cool
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 23:44:49 -0400 (EDT)
Thus spake Ariel Faigon:
> It is pretty fast considering it is in Ottawa and it is not
> yet using its local disk (is this right Mike?)...

Yeah, it's all running NFS'd off of neon.
That may change over the next few days.  I suspect my disk problems
might have had something to do with the fact that I was using the
IRIX-hosted ext2fs tools.

I'll try to build some natively-hosted ext2 widgets tomorrow (perhaps
even ext2extend =) ) and see if it gets better.

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>              Commando Developer - Whatever It Takes
#> "See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like
#>    Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too." - Linus Torvalds