Re: The Plan For Userland(tm)

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: The Plan For Userland(tm)
From: "Liam Irish" <irish@akira.tampa.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 10:04:56 -0400
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Jun 3,  8:23pm, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> Subject: Re: The Plan For Userland(tm)
>
> Yeah, and if there won't be xfs for linux I'd really like to see ext2
> support for IRIX ...

>   Ralf
>-- End of excerpt from Ralf Baechle

I'd like to do that.  I've already been talking to some engineers about it.  I
was trying to determine if it already been done.  Guess not.  I think it'd be
easier to put ext2 on irix than xfs on linux, esp considering the other options
involved with xfs.  Would it be 32-bit xfs?

Anyway.  They both interface a VFS, so it should be _too_ bad.  Unfortunately,
I haven't seen to much documentation for VFS on irix.  Well, see if the Mtn
View engineers will help out in that regard.

--
Liam Irish
System Engineer                                 Tampa, FL