Re: The Plan For Userland(tm)

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: The Plan For Userland(tm)
From: "Liam Irish" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 10:04:56 -0400
> Subject: Re: The Plan For Userland(tm)
> Yeah, and if there won't be xfs for linux I'd really like to see ext2
> support for IRIX ...

>   Ralf
>-- End of excerpt from Ralf Baechle

I'd like to do that.  I've already been talking to some engineers about it.  I
was trying to determine if it already been done.  Guess not.  I think it'd be
easier to put ext2 on irix than xfs on linux, esp considering the other options
involved with xfs.  Would it be 32-bit xfs?

Anyway.  They both interface a VFS, so it should be _too_ bad.  Unfortunately,
I haven't seen to much documentation for VFS on irix.  Well, see if the Mtn
View engineers will help out in that regard.

Liam Irish
System Engineer                                 Tampa, FL
Silicon Graphics, Inc.                          (813)281-4620