Re: The Plan For Userland(tm)

To: (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: The Plan For Userland(tm)
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 02:41:14 +0200 (MET DST)
> I need to link it with libz, which I just realized is really called zlib,
> not the zlibc found on  Who knew?  I'm just getting
> problmes now with glibc's crt1.o, which I know little or nothing about.
> Ralph, can you give us (Mike or I) a copy of your SSH's?  We will in turn

> keep you up to date with our userland binaries, and hopefully we can move
> towards sharing RPMs, both source and binary.

ssh is no big deal.  Builds out of the box.  You will just have to
tell it for which architecture you're building, ie:
./configure --prefix=/usr mips-linux

There is also a rpm source package for libz available, but for now you
can just use the libz.a and includes included with ssh.

> mips-linux-gcc, incidentally, is very impressive.

Just another GCC.