Re: Name the external domain

To: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Subject: Re: Name the external domain
From: Martin Knoblauch <knobi@munich.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 08:43:25 +0200
Cc: ariel@sgi.com, linux@yon.engr.sgi.com, vjs@yon.engr.sgi.com, dmk@yon.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Mike Shaver wrote:

> Thus spake Ariel Faigon:
> >       [linux.] at.sgi.com
>
> I don't like this one very much, if only because it's hard to explain
> verbally.  ('at' vs. '@', etc.)
>
> .unchained.sgi.com isn't bad, although I understand that we might be
> able to get some funding from Marketing if we used .cosmo.sgi.com. =)

 Unlikely, unless you mean the compression guys :-( The Cosmo
types have already been assimilated by the dark force.

 What is wrong with calling the external domain "linux.sgi.com"
and then find a cool host name (like "penguin")?

Martin
--
Check out the DevForum 97  !!!! (http://www.sgi.com/Forum97/)
  If you miss it, you'll never forgive yourself. Neither will I :-)