Re: Name the external domain

To: (Larry McVoy)
Subject: Re: Name the external domain
From: (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 16:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
:OK, I got a better idea.  Make the top level domain and
:the machine[s] stuff like
:     # because we like him (alias) (well, we tried :-)  (*)

:       # because people will remember it (alias)
:       # alias
:     # real machine
:Watcha all think?

Except for the fact that this is not scalable beyond linux stuff
I like it.  It is certainly the easiest to remember and we can always
add entertaining names/aliases at the hostname level.  'friends' was my
next favorite.

If everyone agrees (and vernon doesn't object) I think we should go
with Larry's scheme.

(*) and we haven't gave up yet.
Peace, Ariel