Re: ah...

To: ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de (Ralf Baechle)
Subject: Re: ah...
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 13:43:30 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thus spake Ralf Baechle:
> Hurz...  Looks like you either you disabled TCI/IP networking or libc
> and the kernel use different constants for the arguments of socket(2).

I've added some more verbosity, and the constants are AF_INET=2,
SOCK_STREAM=2, IPPROTO_TCP=6.

TCP is correct, but SOCK_STREAM in my kernel headers is 1, SOCK_DGRAM being
2.  That'd explain the UDP thing, anyway.

Yup, my test program works if I force SOCK_STREAM to be 1.
I guess I'll try and find the bogosity in the headers, then.

Mike

#>            Chief System Architect and Herder of Bits
#>
#> "Yoda say, `Just slap a little public key crypto into it' does not
#>      a secure system make." -- Marcus J. Ranum (mjr@clark.net)