ld error with 2.0.12-davem

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: ld error with 2.0.12-davem
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 11:56:55 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Using Ralf's gcc and binutils, and davem's cvs'd linux-2.0.12, I get:
mips-linux-ld -static -N -e kernel_entry -mips2 -Ttext 0x88069000 \
  arch/mips/kernel/head.o init/main.o init/version.o \
  arch/mips/lib/lib.a /export/sgi-linux/kernel/mips-linux/lib/lib.a \
  arch/mips/lib/lib.a -o vmlinux
mips-linux-ld: vmlinux: Not enough room for program headers \
  (allocated 3, need 4)
mips-linux-ld: final link failed: Bad value
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I've patched the Makefiles to use mips-linux instead of mipsel-linux,
but that's about it.

Anyone know enough about gnu ld to help me with this?

Mike

#>                 Ignore the man behind the curtain.
#>
#> "And then I realized that it never should have worked in the first
#>  place.  Thus, it would not work again until rewritten." --- Anon.