Re: strace/truss equiv?

To: (Mike Shaver)
Subject: Re: strace/truss equiv?
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 22:37:11 +0200 (MET DST)
> OK, I'll bite.
> What's the strace/truss equivalent under IRIX?
> I'm trying to figure out why my "dynamically-linked" hello world
> binaries are 115K, and I can't tell where the heck the linker is
> finding the static libs.

The GNU linker has a verbose option which will make it print all the
files as it tries to open them.  Check the docs.  You should have

<prefix>/mips-linux/lib/             (A linker script)
<prefix>/mips-linux/lib/           (A symlink to the acutal shlib)
<prefix>/mips-linux/lib/libc-<version>.so   (The actual shared library image)
<prefix>/mips-linux/lib/libc.a              (The static libc)

Note that is an ASCII file containing a short linker script
unlike Linux libc.

Does that help?