small world

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: small world
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 15:13:56 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Just had a sales guy in here sorting out the details on a project
we're working on, and it looks like we're going to have a nice plump
Origin 200 in here very shortly.  Along with that comes a
development/scratch box, probably an O2 or a Challenge DM, which might
be diverted towards The Cause if I ask nicely enough.

Anyway, I recall Larry mentioning way back when that people were
interested in organizations that saw Linux availability as an
incentive to purchase; It looks like we might be one of those
organizations, if this goes through as expected.  (SGI Canada has been
after us, off and on, for a fair while now, and they're pretty excited
about this project.)  Is there anything I should be doing specifically
to further your internal sales efforts?  Put the account exec in touch
with Ariel/Larry/whomever?

Also, I'm going to be in San Jose the week of the SGI Developers'
Forum, and the SGI Canada guys may be sponsoring my attendance.  Will
any of this list's denizens be around?  I'd love to put faces to the
names...

Mike

#>              Commando Developer - Whatever It Takes
#>
#> "See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like
#>    Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too." - Linus Torvalds