indyIRQ.S vs irq.c

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: indyIRQ.S vs irq.c
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 01:44:03 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
The comments in the mips/kernel Makefile indicate that the SGIs need a
different IRQ setup, and so they don't use mips/kernel/irq.c.

And yet, in mips/kernel/irq.c, we have things like:
#ifdef CONFIG_SGI
#include <asm/sgialib.h>
#endif

I presume that this stuff is vestigial from davem's early hacking, but
I'm wondering whether it's best to try and hack local_irq_count,
etc. support into indyIRQ.S, or to try and integrate the Indy support
into irq.c.  I'm much better with C, so the latter is tempting, but I
figure there's a reason Dave decided to keep them separate.

Advice?

Mike

#>              Linux: because every cycle counts.
#>
#> "I don't know what you do for a living[...]" -- perry@piermont.com
#>        "I change the world." -- davem@caip.rutgers.edu