Re: Almost there...

To: lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy)
Subject: Re: Almost there...
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 01:13:20 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thus spake Larry McVoy:
> Ariel found a diplomat that is going to schlep it through.  We don't
> give up that easy.  And Ralf is getting an Indy as soon as he gets back.
> And David & Inglo are getting shitloads of hardware as soon as they
> work here.

Excellent!
I'm going to try and con another loaner out of the guys up here (hi,
Kev! =) ) when they actually reclaim mine.

Currently, I'm trying to get my laptop to talk to the network under
Linux (can't see the docking station's ethernet) so I can get the
xcompiler on here.  Right now, I'm working off of a DX4/100, and it's
kinda slow going.  I've been putting off a full rebuild of glibc for
the Indy until I get a faster setup.  (I was tempted to set up the
Irix-hosted stuff, but I don't have the machine for long enough to
warrant the effort.)

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to build the nettools and apache with the
xcompiler.  I fear I'm at the edge of my abilities with the current
kernel stuff, although I may try and track down some of the undefined
symbols if I get some time.

(David?  Inglo?)

Mike

#>              Commando Developer - Whatever It Takes
#>
#> "See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like
#>    Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too." - Linus Torvalds