.36 progresss

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: .36 progresss
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 20:39:45 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Well, I've "fixed up" (where "fixed up" means that they now compile
without error):
drivers/scsi/wd33c93.c
arch/mips/sgi/setup.c
arch/mips/indy_int.c
arch/mips/kernel/irixioctl.c
arch/mips/kernel/irixelf.c
arch/mips/kernel/irixsig.c

Left to do are:
entry.S
head.S
sysirix.c (boy, will _that_ be fun... =/)

The problems with entry.S are related to the BUILD_HANDLER macro set,
it seems, and the errors in question look like:
entry.S: Assembler messages:
entry.S:207: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:207: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:208: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:208: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:215: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:215: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:217: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:217: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:218: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:218: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:219: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:219: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored

head.S's problem gives an identical error, but the code doesn't seem
similar:
head.S: Assembler messages:
head.S:281: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored

   278          LEAF(except_vec2_generic)
   279          /* Famous last words: unreached */
   280          mfc0    a1,CP0_ERROREPC
   281          PRINT("Cache error exception: c0_errorepc == %08x\n")
   282  1:
   283          j       1b

You all know how good I am with assembly, so I might have to wait for
Ralf to return. =)

In the meantime, I'll hack away at sysirix.c.  (Did it always give
piles of "control reaches end of non-void function" warnings?)

Mike

--
#> Mike Shaver (shaver@ingenia.com)      Information Warfare Division
#> Chief Tactical and Strategic Officer         "Saepe fidelis"