Re: EFS and XFS file systems support

To: lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy), Steve Alexander <sca@refugee.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: EFS and XFS file systems support
From: "Christopher W. Carlson" <carlson@heaven.newport.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 14:06:04 -0700
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Apr 14,  1:47pm, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Subject: Re: EFS and XFS file systems support
> : I thought that there was a program available for Linux that would read EFS
> : file systems, although I can't for the life of me remember the name.
>
> Nope.
>
> : >My biggest reason for wanting them supported is to access SGI CD ROMs.
> :
> : I think the better question is when will we start distributing CDs in a
> : standard format...  Yeah, yeah, backward compatibility, I know ;->
>
> I agree with Steve.  Switch to iso9660.
>-- End of excerpt from Larry McVoy

Hey, I'd love to switch to iso9660.  Unfortunately, how do we read all
the CDs that have already been generated?  For example all the free
source code that has been generated on the Developer's Toolbox and
stuff.  Also, after a linux kernel has been booted, it would be nice
to mount SGI file systems.

--

                Chris Carlson

        | Also, carlson@sgi.com                                |
        |   Work:       (714) 756-5976     SGI vmail: 678-4530 |
        |   FAX:        (714) 833-9503                         |
        | Trivia fact: an electroencephalogram shows that a    |
        | human brain and a bowl of quivering lime Jell-O have |
        | the same waves.  [Time Magazine, Mar 17, 1997]       |