Re: init=/bin/sh and serial devices

To: knobi@munich.sgi.com
Subject: Re: init=/bin/sh and serial devices
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:17:17 -0400
Cc: alambie@wellington.sgi.com, shaver@neon.ingenia.ca, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
   Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 09:06:29 +0200
   From: Martin Knoblauch <knobi@munich.sgi.com>

   do we already have drivers for the textport?

I wrote the text console driver for 24-bit Newport INDY frame buffers,
and it is in the SGI/Linux code.  I was never able to get around to
doing the 8-bit frame buffer card driver though, so if you've got one
of those in the INDY you are a out of luck for now.  (hinv -v from the
firmware prompt will tell you if you have the 24-bit or 8-bit card)

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s   ////
ethernet.  Beat that!                     ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><