Re: all in the family

To: (Miguel de Icaza)
Subject: Re: all in the family
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 10:53:19 -0400 (EDT)
Thus spake Miguel de Icaza:
> > Anyone know if the emulation is up to hosting the Linux/Indy
> > cross-compiler?
> Why do you need the emulation for on Linux/SPARC?   You just need to
> run configure on Linux/SPARC with the proper --target option and you
> will get your native cross-compiler in a second.

I was under the impression that building GCC for the Linux/SGI target
was non-trivial.  Ralf made mention of some patches, and since there
are binaries available for Solaris...

If GCC can support it with a --target choice, that'll be great.

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>              Commando Developer - Whatever It Takes
#> "See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like
#>    Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too." - Linus Torvalds