Re: all in the family

To: shaver@neon.ingenia.ca
Subject: Re: all in the family
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 22:26:18 -0400
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
   From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
   Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 22:11:01 -0400 (EDT)

   Looks like I may be getting a machine here to see if we can migrate
   some of our non-Oracle machines to Linux/SPARC.

   Anyone know if the emulation is up to hosting the Linux/Indy
   cross-compiler?

It should be straight forward, 32-bit to 32-bit crosses under gcc work
flawlessly right out of the box for everything I've ever tried.  It's
when you cross from 32-bit to 64-bit that you may hit a bug or two.

   In related news, we'll then have Linux running on 5 architectures
   in the same room (Intel, Alpha, SPARC, ELKS, Indy).  Maybe I'll
   steal the PowerMac too... =)

ELKS, that is cheating ;-)

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s   ////
ethernet.  Beat that!                     ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><