Re: init=/bin/sh and serial devices

To: adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: init=/bin/sh and serial devices
From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:46:07 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: alambie@wellington.sgi.com, shaver@neon.ingenia.ca, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
:
:On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Alistair Lambie wrote:
:> On Apr 9,  2:12pm, Mike Shaver wrote:
:> > stdin in /dev/cua1, FWIW.
:> >
:>
:> Does your Indy not have a 'head' on it....why are you using the serial
ports..
:
:The machine we're working on, bogomips, is in Ottawa, Canada.  Mike's on
:business in Mountainview, California.  Joshua "boot boy" Lamorie handles
:the hardboots, and I offer petty advice from Boston, watching Mike use
:minicom in a ytalk session through a serial connection.  Odd, but it
:works.
:
:Does anyone know the the status of gcc for sgi-linux?  I understand the
:cross compiler between Irix and sgi-linux is operational.  How about a
:native compiler?  I'm keen on porting a ton of RPM's...
:
:- - Alex
:
:<()       Alex deVries
: |_\_ System Administrator
:  ^^   The EngSoc Project
:
:

This is one of the things that weren't done and we want to get done
by the Linux/SGI developers.  I believe that Miguel is one of the
best people to make this happen.  If we can just get his Indy R5000
out of the bureaucratic mess.  Miguel's Indy was shipped three weeks
ago to Mexico and requires a "special permit for used equipment" by
the Mexican customs to be provided by the SGI Mexico City office)

I hope Miguel will send us some good news soon.
--
Peace, Ariel