Re: It booooooooooots!

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Subject: Re: It booooooooooots!
From: "William J. Earl" <>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:37:30 -0700
 > >  > Checking for 'wait' instruction...  unavailable.
 > >
 > >      This appears to be a bug.  The R5000 does have the wait instruction.
 > Linux doesn't really check; instead it has encoded which CPU types
 > have a wait instruction.  I add the R500 to that list.

     As far as I know, all QED processors have the "wait" instruction.
All the 0x2???  processor ID values are QED processors.  Here are the current

#define C0_IMP_NEVADA   0x28
#define C0_IMP_RM7000   0x27
#define C0_IMP_MAGIC    0x25
#define C0_IMP_SONIC    0x24
#define C0_IMP_R5000    0x23
#define C0_IMP_R4650    0x22
#define C0_IMP_R4700    0x21
#define C0_IMP_R4600    0x20

I don't know which processors are SONIC, MAGIC, or NEVADA, but I think NEVADA
is the new RM5260 (a low-cost R5000).