Re: init=/bin/sh and serial devices

To: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Subject: Re: init=/bin/sh and serial devices
From: "Alistair Lambie" <alambie@wellington.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:22:45 +0000
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Apr 9,  2:12pm, Mike Shaver wrote:
> Subject: init=/bin/sh and serial devices
> Wierd stuff here.
> We've got it mountinng the NFS partition and running /bin/sh, but we
> can't type anything to it at that point.
> It's kinda weird, because we see the `#' prompt, but stuff I type to
> it isn't registering.
>
> stdin in /dev/cua1, FWIW.

Try 'init=/bin/sh </dev/cua1 >/dev/cua1'.  I seem to remember you need that.
Sorry all this seems to be coming piece meal, but it's been a long time since I
have run it up, and you kind of forget some of the details till you are
reminded!

Cheers, Alistair

--
Alistair Lambie                                     alambie@wellington.sgi.com
Silicon Graphics New Zealand                              SGI Voicemail: 56791