Re: (Fwd) Re: It booooooooooots!

To: alambie@wellington.sgi.com
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: It booooooooooots!
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:28:20 -0400
Cc: shaver@neon.ingenia.ca, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
   From: "Alistair Lambie" <alambie@wellington.sgi.com>
   Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:42:21 +0000

   >      This appears to be a bug.  The R5000 does have the wait instruction.

   I don't think David ever worked on an R5000.  The only platforms were R4600 &
   R4400...soooo, there may be some issues to be resolved.

Actually in this case Ralf's code for wait instruction detection
happened to work out of the box on my R4XX0 test machines back at SGI,
so it apparently does need to be looked into for the R5k.

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s   ////
ethernet.  Beat that!                     ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><