Re: init=/bin/sh and serial devices

To: Alistair Lambie <alambie@wellington.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: init=/bin/sh and serial devices
From: Martin Knoblauch <knobi@munich.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 09:06:29 +0200
Cc: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alistair Lambie wrote:

> On Apr 9,  2:12pm, Mike Shaver wrote:
> > Subject: init=/bin/sh and serial devices
> > Wierd stuff here.
> > We've got it mountinng the NFS partition and running /bin/sh, but we
> > can't type anything to it at that point.
> > It's kinda weird, because we see the `#' prompt, but stuff I type to
> > it isn't registering.
> >
> > stdin in /dev/cua1, FWIW.
> >

> Does your Indy not have a 'head' on it....why are you using
> the serial ports..

 this brings up the question: do we already have drivers for
the textport? Not to speak of an X-Server? How are we (SGI)
going to handle this? As far as I know we never published
the hardware dependent parts on the X11 distribution, did we?

Martin
|Martin Knoblauch                 | Silicon Graphics GmbH             |
|Manager Technical Marketing      | Am Hochacker 3 - Technopark       |
|Silicon Graphics Computer Systems| D-85630 Grasbrunn-Neukeferloh, FRG|
|http://reality.sgi.com/knobi     | Fax:   (+int) 89 46107-179        |
|e-mail: <knobi@munich.sgi.com>   | VM: 6-333-8197 | M/S: IDE-3150    |