init=/bin/sh and serial devices

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: init=/bin/sh and serial devices
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 22:09:49 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Wierd stuff here.
We've got it mountinng the NFS partition and running /bin/sh, but we
can't type anything to it at that point.
It's kinda weird, because we see the `#' prompt, but stuff I type to
it isn't registering.

stdin in /dev/cua1, FWIW.

I'm going to try to get some better diags, I guess.

Mike

#>              Commando Developer - Whatever It Takes
#>
#> "See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like
#>    Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too." - Linus Torvalds