Re: The Indy has landed...

To: ralf@Julia.DE (Ralf Baechle)
Subject: Re: The Indy has landed...
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:23:08 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thus spake Ralf Baechle:
> > IRIX (bogomips.ingenia.com)
>
> (Hope this is R4600 - otherwise BogoMIPS won't be too impressive ...)

bogomips 10# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Cannot open /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory
bogomips 11# dmesg | more
dmesg: Command not found.
bogomips 12# man dmesg
No manual entry found for dmesg.
bogomips 13#

Not sure...I _think_ it's an R5K, but the packing bits and the machine
itself are 3 time zones east.

> Assuming you're using a Linux box as TFTP Server here are old versions of
> my config files.  Iff(OS != Linux) while(1){swear();rtfm(damn);swear()} ;-)

Actually (I guess I should have made this clearer...a couple of people
have sent tftp help) I meant tips on what should go in the NFS root
area.  Can I just pull stuff down from davem's private archive and
untar, or have things changed since then?

Mike

#>              Commando Developer - Whatever It Takes
#>
#> "See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like
#>    Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too." - Linus Torvalds