Re: Sheepish question

Subject: Re: Sheepish question
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 16:13:59 -0500 (EST)
Thus spake Ariel Faigon:
> Mike, please check the pointers (external URLs) mentioned
translates to
which doesn't exist.

I'll poke around the site, worries.

> in the linux archive (did you get my pointer?).

Yup, I did.
Cool stuff.
(I just haven't had time to really read through it all properly
yet...some of that stuff is pretty hard-core. =) )

> There are also a few good books.  Ralf can recommend some.
> The problem is that they don't talk about the newest ISAs
> and have next to nothing about low level system stuff.

That's OK...I'm starting _really_ low on the clue chain.

> Also, register to "clubdev" on (costs nothing)
> and you'll have access to SGI's online technical books.

Good plan, thanks.

> Last option is to contact MIPS marketing (try
> Bill Jackson) maybe he can send you some paper docs.

That might be an idea for later.

Thanks a lot (you guys are great!).

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>                 UNIX medicine man -- dark magick, cheap!
#>  When the going gets tough, the tough give cryptic error messages.
#>          "We believe in rough consensus and running code."