Re: Sheepish question

To: shaver@neon.ingenia.ca (Mike Shaver)
Subject: Re: Sheepish question
From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:54:34 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Mike, please check the pointers (external URLs) mentioned
in the linux archive (did you get my pointer?).

There are also a few good books.  Ralf can recommend some.
The problem is that they don't talk about the newest ISAs
and have next to nothing about low level system stuff.

Also, register to "clubdev" on www.sgi.com (costs nothing)
and you'll have access to SGI's online technical books.

Last option is to contact MIPS marketing (try jackson@mti.sgi.com
Bill Jackson) maybe he can send you some paper docs.

:
:If I were, say, a total newbie when it comes to assembly, what would
:be a good place to start?  I've always meant to learn assembly, and
:this would seem an ideal opportunity -- and to do it on real hardware!
:=)
:
:Any good references?  Anything MIPS-specific?
:
:Mike
:(or should I just harass Ralph and you guys until you kick me off? =) )
:

--
Peace, Ariel