Hello world!

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Hello world!
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:10:45 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Looks like I'm getting an Indy when I get back to Ottawa next week, so
I'd like to hear from others (hello?) as to what kind of work we're
looking at in the short term.

Since I don't grok assembler (my private shame), I don't know how much
help I'll be at the low-level system stage.  I'm quite interested in
working on userland stuff, and will gladly do any kernel mucking that
I can handle.  (And if someone wants to give me a crash assembly
course, well... =) )

I understand that we're looking to get a source repository out on the
'net, which would be a good start.  What are people planning to start
with first?  (I suppose talking to disks is a priority... =) )

Mike

#>       Chief System Architect -- Head geek -- System exorcist
#>
#>   "Have you considered a life?  I hear they're quite affordable
#>          these days." --- shields@tembel.org