bug in IRIX tftpd?

Subject: bug in IRIX tftpd?
From: "David S. Miller" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 15:58:39 -0700
Wonder if someone can help me fix this problem:

Seems that the IRIX tftpd daemon will not respond correctly to
requests in binary more. I can reproduce the problem at will and it
happens every time.

I can do the transfer just fine using ascii mode, but any attempt to
use binary mode fails.  What is funny is that TFTPD places a syslog
entry that says:

Aug 14 15:57:13 6D:tanya tftpd[1373]: read request for
/tftpboot/96A64B0F.SUN4C: success

Yet tftpd does not send one packet back.  It does not matter what
machine I try to do this tftp transfer from.  ASCII mode always works,
binary mode always fails.

'Ooohh.. "FreeBSD is faster over loopback, when compared to
Linux over the wire". Film at 11.' -Linus