Re: Linux: the next step

To: (Steve Alexander)
Subject: Re: Linux: the next step
From: (John E. Schimmel)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 14:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
> lm@gate1-neteng (Larry McVoy) writes:
> >You'll have to borrow my copy, Usenix rejected it.  Fuckheads.
> No doubt to make room for some paper on TCL scripts or something.  Feh.
> Yeah, if you can make me a copy or convince the authors to send me one I'd
> appreciate it.

Now wait a minute here.  Read the paper before commenting.
They create a "real-time" thread under Linux.  That does not
mean that it does anything, that the OS has real time support,
etc.  There was nothing particularly new about what it did.
There is now a Linux conference which should showcase this
sort of thing.  Usenix is for new and interesting work that
would be of interest to a large audience.

> -- Steve

John E. Schimmel
Silicon Graphics Inc.                   Voice: (415)933-4116    Fax:   (415)967-8496