Userland binaries

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Userland binaries
From: "Alistair Lambie" <alambie@wellington.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 13:35:33 +0000
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Being miles away in New Zealand it is kind of hard to know who is doing what!

I have been playing around with cross compiling userland binaries.  But before
I get carried away here are some questions:

1. Is anyone already doing this?

2. Should we set up a repository so we don't all spend our time doing the same
   thing?

3. I have used the the cross compiler from ftp.fnet.fr.  The libc I have used
is
   the gnu one that has just appeared on ftp.fnet.fr in the last week.  Are
   these the right ones to be using (they only allow static linking)?

4. If several people are doing this maybe we should coordinate the effort so
   we don't all do the same packages.

That should be enough questions for this week :-)

Cheers, Alistair

--
Alistair Lambie                                     alambie@wellington.sgi.com
Silicon Graphics New Zealand                              SGI Voicemail: 56791