Userland binaries

Subject: Userland binaries
From: "Alistair Lambie" <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 13:35:33 +0000
Being miles away in New Zealand it is kind of hard to know who is doing what!

I have been playing around with cross compiling userland binaries.  But before
I get carried away here are some questions:

1. Is anyone already doing this?

2. Should we set up a repository so we don't all spend our time doing the same

3. I have used the the cross compiler from  The libc I have used
   the gnu one that has just appeared on in the last week.  Are
   these the right ones to be using (they only allow static linking)?

4. If several people are doing this maybe we should coordinate the effort so
   we don't all do the same packages.

That should be enough questions for this week :-)

Cheers, Alistair

Alistair Lambie
Silicon Graphics New Zealand                              SGI Voicemail: 56791
Level 5, Walsh Wrightson Tower,                             Ph: +64-4-802 1455
94-96 Dixon St, Wellington, NZ                             Fax: +64-4-802 1459