External Linux/MIPS list

To: linux@yon.engr.sgi.com
Subject: External Linux/MIPS list
From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 15:43:51 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
In order to prevent confidential data leaks (like random mentions
of Speedracer or Lego), and in order to build critical-mass support
to the Linux port outside SGI. I have created a separate linux mailing list
for non-SGI interested parties. It seems that there is a lot of interest
outside SGI from people who may be important assets for the Linux/MIPS
effort in the future. People who sell Linux CDROMs, talented developers,
etc.

I enclose the welcome message for your reference.
if you feel you know someone nice outside who you think should be
on this list (and they agree) just subscribe them by mailing to:

        external-majordomo@postofc.corp.sgi.com

with body:
        subscribe linuxmips  their@email.address

Once we have enough people on that list, I will send a short summary
of the current status to them.

Please:
        1) Don't mix between

                linux@engr      (our internal list)

                        and

                linuxmips@corp  (free for all)

           [The list-names are different on purpose.]

        2) Feel free to Cc linuxmips@corp  on any message that doesn't
           contain SGI confidential data.

--
Peace, Ariel