Kernel doesn't work on 200MHz Indy

To: linux@neteng.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Kernel doesn't work on 200MHz Indy
From: alambie@wellington.sgi.com (Alistair Lambie)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 23:02:58 +1200 (NZT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Just incase anyone is interested:

I was able to boot Davids kernel on my Indy when I only had a 100MHz R4600PC,
but know I've upgraded to a 200MHz R4400SC it dies!  Looks like something
to do with the memory controller...

Here goes a bit of what comes out:

Bad pmd in pte_alloc_kernel: 00000000
Double fault caused by invalid entries in pgd:
Double fault address   : ffffffffe4000000
c0_epc                 : ffffffff88093ebc

Of course there was heaps more, but I couldn't get cut and paste to work :-)

I haven't had time to have a look at what's going on yet.

Cheers, Alistair

PS - It only gives a BogoMIPS reading of 103.63, which is around what I got
     when it was a 100MHz chip.