Re: anyone know if this is true?

To: ariel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: anyone know if this is true?
From: Michael Tiemann <tiemann@cygnus.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:35:19 -0700
Cc: lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy), linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, gcc@corp.sgi.com, tiemann@cygnus.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hey Ariel, good to hear from you!

It sounds to me like (1) SGI intended to make GCC a viable freeware
option for Irix 6.2, (2) the support in 6.2 is not quite right, due to
slight technical problems.  If I understand this correctly, then I think
it won't be too hard to fix the PR-related issues, and I'll be happy to
chime in our support for the intended solution (whatever it may be).

If SGI isn't committing to supplying a reasonable foundation to GNU (w/o
ProDev or IDO), then that's another story.

Michael