Re: anyone know if this is true?

To: (Dave Olson)
Subject: Re: anyone know if this is true?
From: (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:21:17 -0700 (PDT)
>It's not true.  All he has to do is install eoe.hdrs and compiler_eoe.hdrs.
Dave, I'm afraid you're misinformed. The problem is real.
Customers cannot build anything on 6.2 even if the install the above
subsystems, unless they buy our IDO.

I said it many times, to be able to build anything on 6.2
they still miss a linker (the GNU linker is not supported in
any official GNU or Cygnus releases on any SGI and we don't include
/usr/lib/crt[1n].o with our headers and libraries)

David Miller has a heavily patched working GNU linker that creates
Linux elf-32 binaries. He told me that it should be easy to
make it produce native IRIX binaries. As for the crt[1n].o files
I really hope they are not a problem to give away.

>That's just the *BASE* header files.
This is correct. From the point of view of the original complaint
Is not enough.

Peace, Ariel