Re: anyone know if this is true?

To: lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy)
Subject: Re: anyone know if this is true?
From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:10:31 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, gcc@corp.sgi.com, tiemann@cygnus.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sadly, it *is* true.  I guess many more 6.2 pissed off customers
are waiting down the pipeline.

We can solve it by getting David Miller's development environment
packaged as freeware, (it includes a GNU linker that works)
and put it (really quick) outside the firewall for whoever
is interested.

        1) Someone with a couple of days of time needs to take this
           and just do it. I was planning on it, but I need
           another week or so to start.

        2) I'm afraid we'll need to add crt[1n].o as binaries
           as these are *not* shipped with the headers and libraries
           of 6.2

Any comments, objections from anyone (especially for step 2) ?

--
Peace, Ariel