Re: I fixed the r4ktimer code...

To: "David S. Miller" <dm@neteng.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: I fixed the r4ktimer code...
From: wje@fir.esd.sgi.com (William J. Earl)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 18:11:05 -0700
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
David S. Miller writes:

 > Calibrating delay loop.. ok - 138.04 BogoMIPS
 >
 > Much better ;-)

     Yes, except that it should really be 133.33 on the 133 MHZ R4600SC.
I don't have any idea where the 4% error would be coming from, unless there
is something wrong with the external timer.  One way of checking the timer
might be to measure a tick of the Dallas clock/calendar chip.  I believe
the one we use in Indy counts 0.01 second units, so noticing the
$count change over, say, a 0.5 second interval, as measured by the
Dallas part, would be a way of validating the timer configuration.