Is this a silly idea?

Subject: Is this a silly idea?
From: (Alistair Lambie)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 12:13:36 +1200 (NZT)

I guess a lot of people will have both Linux and that other operating system
on there machines for various reasons.  One thing that I know I would find
useful is to be able to have a filesystem that could be accessed from
whichever OS you had loaded (eg. for putting mail and other common things on).

I'm not sure what the best way to attack this would be, but my guess is that
we need to put the common filesystem in Irix, as I would pick that it would
be difficult to get the buyin to port one of our filesystems to Linux.

Several questions:

1. Is this sensible (or is there already a way of doing this)?

2. If it is sensible, what should we do (type of fs etc)?

3. Does anyone know how easy this is (I'm not sure whether I'm brave enough!)?

Just a thought....

PS - I get 61.64 Bogomips on a 100MHz R4600PC