Re: Are you satisfied now Mr. McVoy? ;-)

To: dm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (David S. Miller)
Subject: Re: Are you satisfied now Mr. McVoy? ;-)
From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 11:22:46 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com

>Calibrating delay loop.. ok - 91.96 BogoMIPS

Will a Triton CPU (R5000) make this better ? :-)

For those who are not familiar with bogomips, my Pentium-100
at home does 39.94 bogomips. And the best number I've seen
for a desktop is almost 300 bogomips for an  Alpha 21064
overclocked to 300MHz. The 91.96 number for a 150MHz Indy
sounds pretty good.

Still, I would like to know, David:
What clock factor are you using? The DEC Alphas do one
clock pre instruction, so their factor is 1, why is
the Indy at less than two-thirds of its clock rate?

Fr more details:
        http://sunsite.unc.edu/linux/HOWTO/mini/BogoMips

It would be nice to send them the new data...

--
Peace, Ariel