Re: more progress

To: "David S. Miller" <dm@neteng.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: more progress
From: wje@fir.esd.sgi.com (William J. Earl)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:51:52 -0700
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, mani@fir.esd.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
David S. Miller writes:
 > Next I will look into getting the kgdb code functioning.  And after
 > that I will most likely try to get the generic kernel init'ing such
 > that all the generic data structures and non-device code are setup and
 > the kernel attempts to mount root (which it will not be able to). ;)

    Please check with Mani Varadarajan (mani@esd.sgi.com) about kgdb.
He has used it with the DMS Moosehead system simulator, although in
that case the simulator acts as the target system monitor, instead of
having a program resident in memory with the kernel.  I don't know if
he had to fix anything for the MIPS architecture; if he did, that
might save you some startup time.