Re: CVS commit mailing list?

To: ariel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
From: wje@fir.esd.sgi.com (William J. Earl)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 09:18:04 -0700
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Ariel Faigon writes:

 > If anyone on the linux@engr list is _not_ interested in these
 > CVS commit auto reports, let me know and I'll ask majordomo-owner
 > to create a separate:
 >
 >      linux-progress@engr
 >
 > majordomo list.
 >
 > Until we see objections/too-much-traffic, I think Dave can
 > go ahead and auto-mail the reports to linux@engr
 >
 > Personally, I think I'll find these interesting.

      I am interested too, but I would rather have two lists, just as
we normally do for regular development (sgi.bugs.xxx for bug reports and
checkins about xxx, sgi.engr.xxx for general discussion about xxx).
Why don't you set up linux-progress as a clone of linux to start, and
people who tire of the reports can unsubscribe from the linux-progress.
Having a separate list will also make a little easier to search the
archives later on.