Re: CVS commit mailing list?

From: (William J. Earl)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 09:18:04 -0700
Ariel Faigon writes:
 > If anyone on the linux@engr list is _not_ interested in these
 > CVS commit auto reports, let me know and I'll ask majordomo-owner
 > to create a separate:
 >      linux-progress@engr
 > majordomo list.
 > Until we see objections/too-much-traffic, I think Dave can
 > go ahead and auto-mail the reports to linux@engr
 > Personally, I think I'll find these interesting.

      I am interested too, but I would rather have two lists, just as
we normally do for regular development ( for bug reports and
checkins about xxx, for general discussion about xxx).
Why don't you set up linux-progress as a clone of linux to start, and
people who tire of the reports can unsubscribe from the linux-progress.
Having a separate list will also make a little easier to search the
archives later on.