Re: some projections...

Subject: Re: some projections...
From: "David S. Miller" <>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 02:52:55 -0400
   Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 23:49:51 -0700
   From: (William J. Earl)

       The keyboard and mouse, on the Indy and Indigo2, are driven by
   a PS2-style keyboard and mouse controller.

Good, thanks.

       It will probably be a good idea to boot up on a serial console
   first, since the graphics interface is a bit more complex than a dumb
   frame buffer.  That is how we usually port IRIX to a new system.

Good idea, this will be the direction I go in then.  Although, I can't
wait to have Linux virtual consoles available on an SGI workstation ;-)

David S. Miller