scope of this mailing list

To: linux@neteng.engr.sgi.com
From: lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:27:54 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi SGIers,
        There are people from the outside that are interested in the
progress of the Linux/MIPs effort.  So I'm adding them to the list if
they look like reasonable sorts.  For example, a guy from Red Hat, the
company that produces a distribution for DEC Alphas and for Intel,
is now on the list.  I suspect that we might be able to work with them
to get a Linux/MIPs distribution.  Furthermore, givem that Linux/MIPs
will run IRIX elf binaries, we might be able to merge the Freeware and
Linux/MIPs efforts - they have a lot of overlap.  Something to think
about.

--lm
---
Larry McVoy     lm@sgi.com     http://reality.sgi.com/lm     (415) 933-1804
Copyright 1996, all rights reserved.   Microsoft Network is prohibited from
redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part without license.
License to distribute this work is available to Microsoft at $500.
Transmission without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.