Re: What target (was David ...)

To: ariel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux@yon.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: What target (was David ...)
From: "Greg Chesson" <greg@xtp.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:39:31 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
I'm pleased that we are getting a Linux port started and that there
is an incredible degree of interest and enthusiasm. This is independent
of which hardware configurations will or should be supported.
I see good reasons for doing all of them.

I hope that the
self-selected "steering committee" will generate some consensus tomorrow
as to priorities.  If there is no consensus, then Larry McVoy and I will
make an "executive decision" based on available hardware resources
and a shortest-path approach to getting a first port.

greg